Cadexomer Iodine Paste
Manufacturer: Smith & Nephew
IODOSORB removes barriers to healing by its dual action antimicrobial and desloughing properties. The broad spectrum antimicrobial action is provided by the sustained release of iodine and the desloughing action is provided by the unique cadexomer matrix.
By effectively removing the barriers of bacteria, slough and debris and excess exudate, IODOSORB is effective for the treatment of infection in chronic exuding wounds.
Features and Benefits
- Changes colour: to indicate when dressing change is needed
- Non-adherent: can be removed with saline to help reduce trauma to the patient, and increase patient quality of life
- Provides sustained antimicrobial activity
- Removes loose slough and debris to clean the wound bed
- Creates a moist wound environment
- Helps to eliminate odour