RESTOR Modular Resection Prosthesis
Comprehensive Limb Salvage System
Manufacturer: Smith & Nephew
RESTOR™ (Resection of Tumor and Optimal Reconstruction), a cemented, modular resection prosthesis system that enables
reconstruction following limb salvage surgery. RESTOR allows surgical reconstruction following tumors of :
- Proximal, Distal & Total Femur
- Proximal Tibia
- Diaphyseal regions of the Femur/Humerus
- Proximal, Distal and Total Humerus
The RESTOR™ system may also be a suitable option for revision of a conventional joint replacement prosthesis with extensive bone loss.
Features and Benefits
- Modular components enables intra-operative flexibility in size selection depending on the actual resection.
- Separate left & right sided femoral components with normal valgus angulation helps in recreating normal anatomy.
- Patellar groove built into the femoral component enables normal patellar tracking which is important as the patella is usually reserved.
- Hyperextension built in to the femoro-tibial articulating components
allows passive locking during gait and prevents buckling on loading even in patients with extensive muscle resection.
- Polyethylene bushings prevent metal on metal articulation reduces metallic debris, thereby decreasing one of the major factors responsible for aseptic loosening.